Breast Augmentation in East County
Breast augmentation surgery is ideal for women who are dissatisfied with their small breast size. This procedure uses implants to enhance breast volume while also improving breast shape and symmetry. Breast augmentation surgery is among the most common cosmetic surgeries performed today and can enhance breasts to better match the patient’s desires.
Who Can Benefit From Breast Augmentation?
Women who do not naturally develop breasts as large as they want may benefit from breast augmentation surgery. Breast implants can change the size and shape of the breasts to increase the patient’s self-confidence and positive body image. Breast augmentation can create a new, natural-looking figure for the patient to enjoy.
Loss ofBreast Volume & Firmness
Breasts naturally lose volume over time due to age and life experiences such as pregnancy, breastfeeding, and weight changes. This not only makes breasts shrink but can also cause them to be less perky and firm. Breast augmentation surgery can reverse these trends and restore your breasts to the full and perky shape you desire.
BreastAsymmetry & Shape Concerns
One breast may develop differently than the other naturally or change shape over time. This can result in breasts that are mismatched, flat, pendulous, or irregularly shaped. This state can be a cause for embarrassment among some women. Breast augmentation can be used to adjust your breast size and shape so that they match each other and your desired vision.
What Are My Breast Augmentation Options in East County?
Type of Implants
Coastal Plastic Surgeons offers both saline and silicone implants for breast augmentation procedures. The two implant types create slightly different shapes and textures in the enhanced breast. You will be able to determine which option is best for your needs during a consultation with a plastic surgeon.Saline
- Filled with saltwater to reduce the risks associated with an implant rupture
- Able to provide a larger and firmer aesthetic
- Creates a more rounded and perky breast shape
- Filled with medical-grade silicone gel
- Feels more like natural breast tissue
- Comes in numerous sizes, shapes, and textures
Placement of Implants
Your implant placement will be based on a mix of your personal preferences, the existing size of your breasts, and your desired final results.Subglandular
- Implants are placed below breast tissue but above the pectoral muscles
- Can increase the apparent size of your cleavage
- Provides a more substantial, round, and raised appearance
- Usually results in a shorter recovery period
- Implants are placed below the pectoral muscles
- Recommended for women with smaller breasts or reduced skin laxity
- an help reduce the risk of breast sagging and create a more natural appearance
There are three different incision options commonly used for breast augmentation. The choice of incision is usually based on the size and type of implant chosen.Periareolar
- The incision encircles the areola
- Incision scars are concealed by the change in skin color on the breast
- Can help reduce oversized areolas
- The incision is made in the crease under the breast
- The scar is hidden within the crease
- Usable for any implant type
- The most common type of incision for breast augmentation surgery
- The incision is made within the armpit
- No scarring will be visible on the breast
Easing Your Breast Augmentation Concerns
RecoveryThe breast augmentation recovery of each patient differs to some degree based on the type of implant and incision they have. During the consultation, your board-certified surgeon will provide you with a recovery plan that will outline the steps and timeline based on their assessment. This plan will be modified as needed after your surgery.
Immediately after the operation, you will be provided a compression bra that you will need to wear for the duration of your recovery. Most patients are able to resume work and light activities within two weeks. Strenuous activities, especially ones that place stress on the upper body, should be avoided for six weeks or until Dr. Jindal clears you.
PainThe surgery is performed under general anesthesia, so you should feel no pain during the operation. After the procedure, you may experience mild to moderate pain and swelling around your incision sites. Over-the-counter or prescription pain medication may be provided on an as-needed basis. Most symptoms should fade within a week or two.
ScarsScars will form at the incision sites, as with any surgical procedure. The extent of scarring is mostly dependent on the patient’s healing capabilities, which are difficult to predict. These scars will heal faster if not exposed to sunlight, tension, or excess movement during the healing process. Scars will fade over time.
CostMultiple factors can change the price of your personalized breast augmentation surgery. Facility fees, anesthesia fees, implant type, surgical fees, and more can change the cost of your breast augmentation depending on your choices. You will be able to get a personalized quote after your consultation.
Breast Augmentation Results
View our gallery page for the procedures and treatments at Coastal Plastic Surgeons. At Coastal Plastic Surgeons, we believe in our methods and techniques for lasting results that can change your life. We offer procedures on everything from breast augmentation and body contouring, to facial aesthetics, hair restoration, and skin resurfacing. Every treatment is displayed here in our gallery.
Frequently Asked Questions
- Small breasts
- Asymmetrical breasts
- Irregular breast shapes
- Volume loss in the breasts
- Capsular contracture
- Implant rupture
- Nerve damage in the breast