Gastric Bypass Reconstruction in San Diego
After losing a considerable amount of weight with gastric bypass or LAP-BAND® surgery, many patients are left with a tremendous amount of excess skin. Abundant, sagging skin in the abdomen, arms, breasts, thighs, and buttocks might not shrink back to a patient’s new shape after massive weight loss. The lack of elasticity of the skin and muscles often lead to discouragement, self-consciousness, and dissatisfaction. The excess skin can also cause hygiene issues, skin irritation, pain, and infection. With gastric bypass reconstructive surgery, Dr. Batra of Coastal Plastic Surgery can solve these problems and significantly boost your confidence and complement your weight loss achievements.
Benefits of Gastric Bypass Reconstruction
Massive weight loss can result in a displeasing silhouette due to loose, hanging skin and uneven curves. Gastric bypass reconstructive surgery can smooth and reshape the natural contours of the body that have been compromised by massive weight loss, giving patients a natural and polished appearance.
Removal of Fat Deposits
Even after significant weight loss, many patients still experience stubborn fat deposits that do not respond to diet and exercise. Sometimes fat does not melt away evenly, which can be frustrating. Gastric bypass reconstruction offers overall, precise, targeted fat removal through the use of liposuction and other techniques.
Losing a tremendous amount of weight is something to be celebrated, but many gastric bypass surgery patients find themselves feeling self-conscious due to skin laxity and relentless body fat. By undergoing gastric bypass reconstruction, patients can free themselves of their former shapes and refine their new bodies.
Customizing Your Gastric Bypass Reconstruction
Dr. Batra understands that losing a considerable amount of weight through bariatric surgery is a major personal accomplishment. That’s why he is dedicated to helping his post-bariatric surgery patients enhance their new body contours through a variety of procedures. As one of the leading body lift surgeons at Coastal Plastic Surgery, Dr. Batra often performs a combination of procedures to deliver remarkable aesthetic results.
- Corrects breast asymmetry as well as breast sagginess
- Restores youthfulness to deflated and droopy breasts
- May be combined with breast reduction or breast augmentation
Upper Arm Lift
- Removes excess skin and fat in the upper arms
- Provides a youthful and taut appearance
- Can remove unwanted fat deposits in the arms, face, and neck
- Removes an apron of hanging excess skin and fat in the front of the abdomen
- Reduces skin problems, such as irritation and chafing
- Removes excess skin in the abdominal area between the belly button and pubis
- Can remove unwanted fat deposits in the abdomen, flanks, and hips
Lower Body Lift
- Performed using an incision created around the circumference of the body
- Treats loose skin in the buttocks, thighs, and abdomen
- Removes extra skin and fat in the thighs
- Gives the thighs a toned, proportionate look
- Can remove unwanted fat deposits in the buttocks, thighs, and knees
Easing Your Concerns
RecoveryThe customized nature of gastric bypass reconstruction requires a recovery plan that is unique to each patient. Your surgeon will create a custom recovery plan for you. Patients are often outfitted for compression garments to minimize swelling and assist with movement during recovery. Minimal swelling and discomfort should subside after a couple of weeks. Any activity should be reduced for some time, and patients must wait until they are given approval before returning to work or resuming exercise.
PainShould you experience any discomfort during recovery, pain medication will be provided. These symptoms will dissipate after a couple of weeks.
ScarsScars may form at the incision sites, as is common with every major surgery. The degree of scarring can vary greatly depending on individual healing capabilities. Patients can reduce scarring by using silicone scar sheets and minimizing sun exposure, tension, and tugging on the incision sites. Any scarring typically fades over time.
CostThe cost of gastric bypass reconstruction includes many factors, such as implant type, surgical fees, physician’s fees, anesthesia fees, and the like. You will be provided with a detailed price quote during your personal consultation.
Gastric Bypass Reconstruction Results
View our gallery page for the procedures and treatments at Coastal Plastic Surgeons. At Coastal Plastic Surgeons, we believe in our methods and techniques for lasting results that can change your life. We offer procedures on everything from body contouring, to facial aesthetics, hair restoration, and skin resurfacing. Every treatment is displayed here in our gallery.
Frequently Asked Questions
- Board-certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery
- Named Top Plastic Surgeon by the San Diego County Medical Society
- Substantial experience with gastric bypass reconstructive surgery