Breast Augmentation & Implants
Breast augmentation surgery uses implants to help women enhance the fullness and shape of their breasts. As one of the most common cosmetic surgeries today, breast augmentation can correct breast asymmetry, positioning issues, size concerns, and shape discrepancies. Some women desire breast augmentation surgery to boost self-confidence, while others see it as a solution to recapture femininity. Dr. Batra of Coastal Plastic Surgeons understands the complex motivations and needs associated with breast augmentation and how the procedure can impact each patient differently. Every breast augmentation that he performs is as unique as the client and incorporates customized techniques to achieve natural proportions and beautiful results.
Who Can Benefit From Breast Augmentation?
Women with naturally small breasts can receive breast implants to boost their breast size. Implants can produce natural-looking results that enhance breast size in a flattering way.
- Larger, fuller breasts
- Natural-looking results
- Better body proportions
- A more balanced appearance
Many women experience undesirable changes to their breasts over time, such as a loss of volume and skin firmness. Breast augmentation can correct these changes to restore a more youthful body shape.
- Improved breast volume
- Perkier breasts
- Firmer, fuller breasts
- A more youthful appearance
Asymmetry& Shape Concerns
Some women have natural breast asymmetry or breasts that are pendulous, flat, or otherwise lacking in shape. Breast implants can be used to improve symmetry and restore a naturally round breast shape.
- Rounder shape
- Softer feminine curves
- Even and symmetrical breasts
- A balanced appearance
Customizing Breast Augmentation
Type of Implants
Your implants can either be saline-filled or silicone gel-filled. Neither saline nor silicone implants are inherently better than the other, but one option will likely be better for your individual needs.Saline
- A silicone shell filled with saltwater
- Produces a full, firm feel
- Comes in relative sizes, shapes, and textures
- A silicone shell filled with silicone gel
- Comparable to the natural feel of the breasts
- Comes in relative sizes, shapes, and textures
Placement of Implants
The placement of your implants will depend on the natural breast shape, the degree of ptosis (sagging), and the desired positioning of your breasts.Submammary
- Implants are inserted beneath the fatty tissue and mammary glands but over the pectoral muscles
- Can change the shape of the breasts
- Often recommended for women with smaller breasts and minimal skin laxity
- Implants are inserted beneath the pectoral muscles
- Often recommended for added support for women with excess sagging
Breast augmentation can be performed using one of the following three incisions. The best incision option for you is predominantly based on the type and size of implants you choose.Periareolar
- Incision encircles the areola
- Minimizes breast scarring
- Recommended for women looking to reduce the size of the areolas
- Incision is under the breast along the breast fold
- The most common incision technique
- Scar is hidden in the fold of skin
- No restrictions on implant type
- Incision is in the crease of the armpit
- Hidden incision means no scarring on the breast
Easing Your Concerns
RecoveryThe customized nature of breast augmentation requires a recovery plan that is unique to each patient. Your surgeon will create a custom recovery plan for you. Patients are often outfitted for a delicate and supportive compression bra to minimize swelling and assist with movement during recovery. Minimal swelling and discomfort should subside after a couple of weeks. Any activity should be reduced for a time, and patients must wait until they are given approval before returning to work or resuming exercise.
PainShould you experience any discomfort during recovery, pain medication will be provided. These symptoms will dissipate after a couple of weeks.
ScarsScars may form along the incision sites, as is common with every major surgery. The degree of scarring can vary greatly depending on individual healing capabilities. Patients can reduce scarring by using silicone scar sheets and minimizing sun exposure, tension, and tugging on the incision sites. Any scarring typically fades over time.
CostThe cost of breast augmentation includes many factors, such as implant type, surgical fees, physician’s fees, anesthesia fees, and the like. You will be provided with a detailed price quote during your personal consultation.
Breast Augmentation Results
View our gallery page for the procedures and treatments at Coastal Plastic Surgeons. At Coastal Plastic Surgeons, we believe in our methods and techniques for lasting results that can change your life. We offer procedures on everything from breast augmentation and body contouring, to facial aesthetics, hair restoration, and skin resurfacing. Every treatment is displayed here in our gallery.
Frequently Asked Questions
- Board-certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery
- Named Top Plastic Surgeon by the San Diego County Medical Society
- Awarded Black Diamond status by Allergan for his impressive number of yearly breast augmentations