Breast Augmentation with Breast Lift in San Diego
Pregnancies, breastfeeding, weight loss, and aging can all play a part in the change or “deflation” of your breasts. Although breast augmentation enhances the fullness and shape of a woman’s breasts, it cannot fix the breast “droop” that is common after substantial weight loss or having children. Combining breast lift surgery with your breast augmentation can increase the fullness of your breasts as well as return them to their natural, higher position on your chest. Dr. Batra performs these two procedures together to ensure the best results with the shortest amount of recovery time. If you experience dissatisfaction with the appearance or change in your breasts, then breast augmentation with breast lift surgery can allow you to reclaim your feminine curves.
What Can Breast Augmentation With Breast Lift Achieve?
After pregnancy, breastfeeding, or substantial weight loss, women can experience a decrease in the volume of their breasts as well as a significant amount of excess skin and breast sagging. Breast augmentation with lift can provide fuller, perkier, and more balanced breasts.
ImprovedNipple Placement and Projection
As women’s breasts begin to experience ptosis (sagging), the placement and projection of their nipples may shift downward. Combining a breast lift with augmentation can raise the breasts back to their original, aesthetically pleasing level.
Women who are dissatisfied with the size and appearance of their breasts can experience low self-esteem and poor self-image. Breast augmentation with lift can boost women’s confidence and allow them to take pride in their femininity.
Customizing Your Breast Augmentation & Breast Lift
Types of Implants
Before undergoing breast augmentation with breast lift, you will have a series of choices to make, which will allow you to customize your procedure . These choices include your implant type. There are three types of implants offered.Saline Implants:
- Sterile saline solution fills a silicone shell to reach your desired size
- Approved for women 18 years and older
- Allow for smaller incisions
- Provide a fuller appearance and firmer feel
- Allow for easy detection of implant rupture
- Silicone gel fills a silicone shell to reach your desired size
- More akin to the look and feel of natural breast tissue
- Available in a variety of shapes and sizes to match your desires
- Less prone to capsular contracture
- Also known as “gummy bear” implants
- Designed and made of solid silicone gel
- Allow for the most natural look and feel
Implants can either be placed above or below the chest (pectoral) muscle.Subglandular Placement:
- Placed above the pectoral muscle and beneath the breast tissue
- Requires sufficient breast tissue
- Ideal for women with very active lifestyles and those who frequently exercise, as the implant will not be displaced or the appearance affected during exercise
- Placed beneath a portion of the pectoral muscle
- Ideal for women who have less breast tissue for implant coverage
- Provides natural-looking results
When breast augmentation is combined with a breast lift, patients have a choice of the following incisions. The type of incision often depends on the amount of breast sagging present.Areolar Incision:
- Circles the areola
- Allows for less noticeable scarring
- Ideal for women requiring only a minor lift
- Circles the areola and includes a single incision that runs from the areola to the breast crease in the center part of the lower breast
- Ideal for women requiring a moderate lift
- Combines the lollipop incision with an additional horizontal incision along the breast crease
- Ideal for women with significant breast ptosis
Easing Your Concerns
RecoveryFollowing your procedure, you can expect to experience bruising, swelling, and some discomfort. You will be fitted with a supportive compression bra to be worn for the initial stage of your recovery. Some women require the placement of drains after the operation to reduce fluid buildup and swelling. If you need this, Dr. Batra will provide you with detailed instructions on how to care for these drains. Drains are usually removed within one to two days. Most women can return to work and their usual activities after one to two weeks. It is recommended that you avoid any heavy lifting or strenuous exercise for six weeks.
PainBreast augmentation with a breast lift is an outpatient procedure performed under either general anesthesia or local anesthesia with sedation. Oral pain medication will be prescribed to handle any pain or discomfort after the operation. This pain should begin to subside after a few days.
ScarsScars may develop along the incision sites, and the placement of these scars will depend on the incision placement you decide on. Since everyone heals differently, it is difficult to predict the degree of scarring; however, most scars fade over time.
CostThe cost of your breast augmentation and lift will depend on many factors, including implant type, anesthesia fees, surgical fees, physician’s fees, and location. You will be given a detailed cost estimate during your consultation.
Breast Augmentation With Breast Lift Results
View our gallery page for the procedures and treatments at Coastal Plastic Surgeons. At Coastal Plastic Surgeons, we believe in our methods and techniques for lasting results that can change your life. We offer procedures on everything from breast augmentation and body contouring, to facial aesthetics, hair restoration, and skin resurfacing. Every treatment is displayed here in our gallery.
Frequently Asked Questions
- Anesthesia risks
- Poor scarring
- Change in nipple sensation
- Implant rupture
- Capsular contracture