Sick of looking tired? You are not alone! The effects of aging are inevitable and are often first visible in brow lines and wrinkles through the forehead as skin begins to lose its elasticity. Sun, wind, and the pull of gravity all affect the face, the one place we do not want to lose our youth!
These signs of aging may begin to appear in people as young as 30, and often harsh lines can give off the appearance of sadness, stress or anger. The good news is there is a solution to getting your bright, happy face back: a brow lift!
With the help of the talented plastic surgeons at Coastal Plastic Surgery who perform the endoscopic brow lift surgery, you can achieve a natural-looking, fresh-faced, smooth and youthful appearance. By eliminating the wrinkles or deep grooves on the forehead, and repositioning the brow line to its ideal position, you can take years off of your face.
What is a Brow Lift?
A brow lift or forehead lift reverses the effects of gravity and tightens the soft tissues of the forehead to restore a more youthful contour to your forehead skin, upper eyelids and eyebrows. A brow lift also:
- Raises sagging brows that are hooding the upper eyelids
- Places eyebrows in an alert and youthful position
- Improves frown lines, the vertical creases that develop between the eyebrows
If a sagging brow inhibits your facial expression, a brow lift is a time-tested method for rejuvenating the upper third of your face. Every year, thousands of people undergo successful brow-lift surgery and are pleased with the results.
When to Consider a Brow Lift
If you deal with any of the following issues, you may want to consider a brow lift:
- Sagging or low eyebrow position that creates a tired, sad or grumpy appearance.
- You have deep horizontal creases across the forehead.
- You have frown lines or furrows between the eyebrows or across the top of your nose.
- You have excess skin or fatty tissue hanging over your eye.
Brow Lift Candidates
Most patients opting for brow lift surgery:
- Are between 40 and 50 years old.
- Have brow lines and eyelids that have begun to sag noticeably.
- Have wrinkles or creases appearing on the forehead.
- Are physically healthy.
- Don’t smoke.
- Have a positive outlook and realistic goals.
Heredity sometimes make these problems an issue for people in their 20s and 30s, in which case a brow lift may help. Anyone considering this procedure should have a thorough understanding of what it can and cannot accomplish.
The Benefits of Brow Lift Surgery
The benefits of the endoscopic brow lift include:
- Use of minimal incisions.
- Minimal scarring compared to the traditional brow lift.
- Increase in confidence and enhanced appearance.
- Alleviation of tension in the forehead muscles.
- Long-lasting results.
- Minimal side effects and fast recovery.
- Few potential risks or complications.
- Correction of droopy eyebrows or uneven eyebrows.
Brow Lift Recovery
Your surgeon will inform you of proper aftercare instructions to follow during the recovery period. Before your procedure, you should purchase all supplies that will be needed during recovery, including pain medication, bandages and groceries.
Recovery time varies for each patient; however, for a safe and speedy recovery process you can expect to:
- Wear bandages for a couple of days after the procedure.
- Keep head elevated with pillows for at least two days after the procedure.
- Apply doctor-prescribed ointment to incision areas to help to minimize scarring.
- Avoid strenuous activities for up to two weeks.
- Return to your normal daily routine after about ten days.
Once completely healed, results will be beautiful, noticeable and natural looking.
Your Initial Consultation at Coastal Plastic Surgeons
Dr. Munish Batra and Dr. Alfonso Camberos understand each brow lift patient has a different anatomy and different needs; this is why it is important to schedule an appointment to obtain a complimentary consultation to see what can be done for you. During this time, you will have the opportunity to discuss your cosmetic goals, current health and medical history with your surgeon.
Your surgeon may also:
- Evaluate your forehead region, including your upper eyelids.
- Ask you to make a series of facial expressions so he can best see how to help you.
- Evaluate the elasticity of your skin.
- Discuss your options and recommend a course of treatment.
Your Treatment Plan
Based on your goals and physical characteristics and the surgeon’s expertise, the surgeon will share recommendations for a treatment plan including:
- Associated risks and complications.
- Your financial investment for the procedures.
- Share before-and-after photos of cases similar to yours and answer any questions.
About Coastal Plastic Surgeons
Coastal Plastic Surgeons is highly regarded as one of the premier plastic surgery practices in Southern California and nationally; serving the San Diego communities of Del Mar, Mesa and Vista in North County; as well Temecula and Murrieta in the Inland-Empire.
Both Dr. Batra and Dr. Camberos are board certified plastic surgeons and combined have over 18 years of surgical experience. Their dedication to their profession and their excellent outcomes have received accolades the medical community.
Coastal Plastic Surgeons has been recognized as Top Plastic Surgeons in San Diego by the San Diego County Medical Society, and both doctors have been recognized nationally among “Top Plastic Surgeons” by the Consumer’s Research Council of America.
Rest assured that you are in good hands and schedule your complimentary consultation today by calling (858) 365-3558. Too busy to call? Schedule your consultation on our website!