When it comes to your face, the nose can be one of your most prominent features. Some patients feel their nose is too big, too small or too wide; while others may have bumps they would like smoothened. Maybe you have already had a rhinoplasty and are unhappy with the results. Whatever your reason, our surgeons at Coastal Plastic Surgery want to help you feel good about your nose and overall appearance.
Rhinoplasty, commonly known as a “nose job,” or sometimes referred to as “nose reshaping” is among the five most popular plastic surgery procedures performed in the United States, with over 200,000 each year.
The ideal nose should complement the face, not detract from it; and a good nose job will have you loving your face and can help raise your self-esteem. Studies have shown that after a great nose job patients tend to feel much better about themselves and their appearance. Leaving their insecurities behind, patients tend to feel more confident, go after more opportunities and end up having a higher quality of life.
If you’re unhappy with your nose, have difficulties with function or feel you could have a more harmoniously balanced face, Coastal Plastic Surgeons will help you achieve your desired goal with San Diego’s best rhinoplasty results.
What is Rhinoplasty?
For men and women unhappy with the size or shape of their nose, rhinoplasty offers a safe and time-tested cosmetic or medical solution. Rhinoplasty, or a nose job, is a highly precise procedure that can alter or balance a patient’s nose shape, size or alignment. Rhinoplasty surgery can change:
- Nose size in relation to facial balance
- Nose width at the bridge or in the size and position of the nostrils
- Nose profile with visible humps or depressions on the bridge
- Nasal tip that is enlarged or bulbous, drooping, upturned or hooked
- Nostrils that are large, wide or protruding
- Nasal asymmetry
Why the Procedure is Performed
Rhinoplasty is one of the most common plastic surgery procedures. It can be used to:
- Reduce or increase the size of the nose
- Change the shape of the tip or the nasal bridge
- Narrow the opening of the nostrils
- Change the angle between the nose and the upper lip
- Correct a birth defect or injury
- Help relieve some breathing problems
Rhinoplasty to Correct a Deviated Septum
Nose surgery that is done to improve an obstructed airway requires careful evaluation of the nasal structure as it relates to airflow and breathing.
Correction of a deviated septum, one of the most common causes of breathing impairment, is achieved by adjusting the nasal structure to produce better alignment.
The optimal candidates for rhinoplasty are in general good health, understand the risks associated with surgery and have realistic expectations regarding the results. You also may be a good candidate if:
- Your facial growth is complete
- You don’t smoke
- You have a positive outlook and realistic goal
A good candidate for nose-job cosmetic surgery may:
- Have a nose that he or she feels is too large or too small in comparison with other facial features
- Have a wide nose
- Have a bump on the bridge of the nose
- Have nostrils that are excessively flared or pinched
- Have a nose that is crooked or off-center
The risks of anesthesia and surgery in general are:
- Reactions to medications, problems breathing
- Bleeding, infection or bruising
After the Procedure
You will be able to go home the same day of surgery. A splint or packing will likely be placed in your nose and a splint or bandages placed on the outside to support and protect the new structures during initial healing.
- Initial swelling should subside within a few weeks
- It may take up to one ear for new nasal contour to fully refine
Your will be given specific instructions that may include:
- How to care for the surgical site
- Medications to apply or take orally to aid healing and reduce the potential for infections
- When to follow up with your surgeon
Schedule a Consultation
If you’re interested in rhinoplasty, your next step is to schedule a consultation with Coastal Plastic Surgeons at one of four offices serving the San Diego areas of Kearny Mesa, Vista, and Del Mar or in Murrieta in the Inland Empire. The purpose of the consultation will be:
- Establish your cosmetic goals
- Craft the ideal treatment plan to accomplish your goals with the professional knowledge of the surgeons at Coastal Plastic Surgery
Coastal Plastic Surgeons is a highly acclaimed Plastic and Reconstructive surgery practice located in Del Mar, California. Dr. Batra and Dr. Camberos have a combined surgical experience of nearly 30 years and are highly regarded for their expertise in cosmetic surgery.
They have received many accolades from their peers in the medical community and have been voted Top Plastic Surgeons by the San Diego County Medical Society. Remember, the most important factor in your outcome is the surgeon you choose. We proudly serve the San Diego and Temecula areas.
Say goodbye to you nose insecurities and hello to your self-esteem by scheduling your consultation! Call us at 858.(858) 365-3558!